Free Html to Pdf Converter For .NET (ASP.NET, MVC, Windows Forms)
Converting from html to pdf is not an easy task. There are some tools that can do that, but most of them cost thousands of dollars.
Select.Pdf offers a Community Edition (FREE) of the powerful Html To Pdf Converter for .NET that can be found in the full featured pdf library Select.Pdf
for .NET. The free html to pdf converter offers most of the features the professional sdk offers, the most notable limitation is that it can only generate pdf documents up to 5 pages long.
The community edition contains ready to use samples, coded in C# and VB.NET for Windows Forms and ASP.NET. Select.Pdf Html To Pdf Converter for .NET works on
any Windows OS and on Windows Azure.
Html to Pdf Converter For .NET - Community Edition Features
- Generate pdf documents up to 5 pages
- Convert any web page to pdf
- Convert any raw html string to pdf
- Set pdf page settings (page size, page orientation, page margins)
- Resize content during conversion to fit the pdf page
- Set pdf document properties
- Set pdf viewer preferences
- Set pdf security (passwords, permissions)
- Set conversion delay and web page navigation timeout
- Custom headers and footers
- Support for html in headers and footers
- Automatic and manual page breaks
- Repeat html table headers on each page
- Support for @media types screen and print
- Support for internal and external links
- Generate bookmarks automatically based on html elements
- Support for HTTP headers
- Support for HTTP cookies
- Support for web pages that require authentication
- Support for proxy servers
- Modify color space
- Multithreading support
- HTML5/CSS3 support
- Web fonts support
Building the Sample
The sample project attached presents most of the SelectPdf Html To Pdf Converter Features. A reference to the Select.Pdf Html To Pdf for .NET was a added as a NuGet Package. Alternatively, the free product can be downloaded from http://selectpdf.com/community-edition/.
SelectPdf Free Html To Pdf Converter is very easy to use. Below is a small sample code. A lot more can be found in the sample project attached.
// instantiate the html to pdf converter
HtmlToPdf converter = new HtmlToPdf();
// convert the url to pdf
PdfDocument doc = converter.ConvertUrl(url);
// save pdf document
// close pdf document